Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Hi from Raleigh!

NewbieJoanna
Hi from Raleigh!
on: January 6, 2014, 01:39

Hi everyone!

I sort of stumbled on calligraphy looking at pinterest things for my wedding. I wanted to figure out how to write in white on dark paper, and I found Schin Loong's amazing blog openinkstand.tumblr.com. That was roughly November. I have since spent copious amounts of money on ink and paper and nibs and pens and I'm having the best time. I never thought I could make art because I can't draw people, but I think calligraphy is a great creative outlet and I've really been enjoying it. I'm taking Molly Jacques' skillshare class and I picked up Molly Thorpe's "Modern Calligraphy." I'm planning on learning to vectorize soon. My biggest struggle is adding variation and whimsy. My letters are almost always straight and the same, which is probably nice but getting boring. I like all the letterform examples in Molly's book and have been practicing different styles. I love following calligraphers on instagram and trying out new styles and forms that I see there.

I live in Raleigh and I am currently pursuing a PhD in economics. I also like cooking, crocheting, and reading.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | SOFTstyle by SOFTthemes
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Copyright © 2018 The Curious Calligrapher