Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Light Box

Newbiejordanshea-
Light Box
on: January 11, 2014, 15:31

Has anyone found a good tutorial on using a light box (preferably the Light Pad)?? Everyone I see loves it, but I can't tell how they use it with calligraphy. I would love to start using it myself if I could find out how!

I'm having a hard time centering on envelopes, but I don't like drawing lines. I also would also love to be able to trace but heavier envelopes are so opaque. HELP!

AdministratorMargaret-
Marie
Re: Light Box
on: January 12, 2014, 02:35

Jordan,
A light pad is used by inserting a guide in the envelope and placing the envelope on the light pad. Here is an example of a guide: http://www.paperinkarts.com/ltrenv.html I've also drawn my own. This only works with lighter envelopes. For darker envelopes, I still find that you have to draw lines. For drawing on darker envelopes, soapstone is the best bet. http://www.paperinkarts.com/redpak.html Good Luck!!

& etsy: properprintspaper.etsy.com
& facebook: facebook.com/properprints
& instagram: instagram.com/properprints

Newbierkarlalim
on: February 3, 2014, 21:01

Hi,

Do you find that it's absolutely necessary to use a lightbox? So far I've been writing quite a bit without one. What lightboxes do you recommend?

AdministratorMargaret-
Marie
on: February 11, 2014, 16:14

I don't necessarily recommend a lightbox. I don't have one and I just find ways to work around. However, those who have them seem to LOVE them.

& etsy: properprintspaper.etsy.com
& facebook: facebook.com/properprints
& instagram: instagram.com/properprints

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | SOFTstyle by SOFTthemes
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.

Copyright © 2018 The Curious Calligrapher