Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Hello from east Tennessee

Newbielisanjones-
Hello from east Tennessee
on: March 11, 2014, 06:05

Hello! I am so very excited to have found this forum! Like several others here, I have had virtually a life-long love of calligraphy. I began my journey into this beautiful art in earnest about 5 years ago by researching my way through books/ web. I began collecting nibs/ inks, supplies, and yearning over being able to use them- which I did not until I found instruction which I felt would be able to teach me in a way I could understand and not second guess myself. The resources available then were not great, but somehow, I did stumble upon IAMPETH. I struggled with the tutorials and understanding for a couple more years, then one day several months ago, I found Melissa Esplin's online calligraphy course. I can't say enough how grateful I am to have found this gem. Not only am I now practicing, but I am also finding the IAMETH website much more understandable, along with many of the books I have accrued. I am studiously learning and practicing each day in hopes of being able to do this art in a way I feel pays homage to it's history and the forefathers, but also, is a bit of "me". I love connecting with other calligraphers and studying/ swooning over their art. I spend several hours each day trolling the web and Instagram, FB, and Twitter in search of new inspirations/ hands/ art, along with being a mommy and wife. My hope is to launch a website/blog this year and at some point to be able to sell my work. I am ever so grateful for each connection I make in this journey.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | SOFTstyle by SOFTthemes
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.

Copyright © 2018 The Curious Calligrapher