Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Greetings from Texas

Newbierjason
Greetings from Texas
on: March 19, 2015, 01:35

Hello everyone, my name is Jason. I am a full-time firefighter and paramedic and a part-time calligrapher and aspiring traditional sign painter and pin striper. I was introduced to broad pen calligraphy at an early age teaching myself via every book I could get my hands on! I was somewhat obsessed with it throughout my school years and had a lot of requests from family and friends for various small lettering projects.

Life got busy, as it tends to do, and I put down my pens for a long while after high school. A few years ago I was inspired to pick them up again and also began to teach myself pointed pen calligraphy. I have made decent progress, mostly with Copperplate and Ornamental scripts, to the point of getting some wedding invite work and various other projects. I'm realizing that, in order to be marketable, I need to become adept at more modern styles. I also am ready to make the leap to digital (and I have no clue where to start).

My goal is to work towards building a successful calligraphy business so that I can do this full time in the future after "retirement."

I was psyched to find thecuriouscalligrapher.com! I have so much to learn in order to achieve my goals! I can't wait to pick the brains of all the knowledgable and talented people here. Hopefully I am able to contribute to others as well.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and progressing a lot,

Jason

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | SOFTstyle by SOFTthemes
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Copyright © 2018 The Curious Calligrapher